Monday 25 May 2015

How My Parents Tried To Keep Me Away From TV

Each child loves to watch animated cartoons and movies, but when I was small, I was addicted to cartoons. While it was still possible for my parents to keep me away from watching television during weekdays, the mere advice of getting involved in outdoor activities during the weekends sounded preposterous to me. My fascination didn’t seem to subside and I started understanding more about animation. I dreamed of getting admission in one of the top 10 animation colleges in India. I dreamed about the success I would get on making the best animation cartoon. Meanwhile, my parents went all out to keep me away from television. This is what they did:

AAFT Animation School


1.    They told me how my eyes were being adversely affected (which was true) due to my excessive indulgence. Even the idea of me wearing big glasses did not deter me. I guess I was pretty obstinate. 

2.    I loved to (and still love to) dance; hence my parents enrolled me in a dance institution which held classes on the weekends. I absolutely loved to go for my dance classes and never missed even one class unless I was sick.

3.    The best thing they did was introducing me to the world of books. While my father often read out to me, he started asking me to read books myself. While it was a little difficult at first, I finally got the hang of it and derived great joy from books. My newly acquired habit kept me busy and I got to learn so much. My vocabulary improved and I started conversing in English. Now my time was equally divided between books and cartoons.

But unlike me, if you are really serious about pursuing animation in the future, find out more about the best animation course in Delhi. Find out about the eligibility criteria and if you fit the requirements. You could have a bright future in the field of animation if you work the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment