Wednesday 17 June 2015

The Modern-Day Cartoons

We human beings are complex creatures. Instead of valuing the present moment, we either live in the past or dream about the future. Now that I am an adult with all the freedom I had always yearned for, I wish I could go back in time and enjoy the life of a carefree child again. I remember how eagerly I waited for the school to break for summer holidays so that I could watch my favourite cartoons in peace. 



To be honest, the modern-day cartoons do not appeal to me at all. The charm of the cartoons of the days when I was small is incomparable to that of the present day cartoons. ‘The Powerpuff Girls’ was my favourite cartoon and even though Buttercup was my least favourite character, my parents seriously thought that my demeanour resembled hers. Oh please! And that reminds me, my best friend and her twin sister cut a beautiful and delicious Powerpuff Girls’ cake on their birthday a year back. I loved watching cartoons so much that I would not have minded pursuing an animation course if I had even one bit of creativity. That was the allure of the cartoons that my friends and I used to watch.

But the children nowadays do not feel the same way about cartoons the way we did. For them smartphones, tablets, laptops etc. play a far greater role in their daily dose of entertainment. Is it because the world of technology has overshadowed the world of animated cartoons? Or is because the cartoon makers are unable to hold the attention of the kids through cartoons? I am unable to put my finger on the exact reasons that have led to this situation.


Despite all this, a career in animation has gained popularity with the changing times. Animation is not just limited to cartoons and movies; it has become an important part of all major sectors too. Animation plays a significant role in helping students learn better through animated videos.

Coming back to the point, if you ask me to watch my favourite cartoons even at this age, I would gladly do that. For me those are classics which can be watched over and over again. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment